A fatal car accident can impact you long into the future. In addition to the emotional trauma that comes with losing a loved one, the accident can leave you in financial ruin. However, if a negligent driver caused the accident, you may be able to seek damages.
We can put you in touch with a best-in-class fatal car accident lawyer in Milton, GA. Our attorney can take a look at your case. We can help you file a fatal car accident lawsuit against any at-fault parties.
Why Fatal Car Accidents Occur in Milton
Thousands of people die in car crashes in the United States every year. There are many reasons why these crashes occur, such as:
- Distracted Driving: A distracted driver may take their eyes off the road for even a second, and doing so can cause the driver to strike another motorist or a pedestrian.
- Speeding: A driver that ignores the rules of the road may drive beyond the speed limit and fail to come to a complete stop before causing a fatal accident.
- Poor Weather Conditions: A driver that does not account for rain or other inclement weather may struggle to stop before a fatal accident happens.
A Milton car accident death lawyer can help you in the event that a loved one dies due to a negligent driver. Your attorney can request thousands of dollars in damages on your behalf from the at-fault party. From here, your lawyer will work hard to settle your case in as little time as possible.
How to Respond to a Fatal Car Accident in Milton
A fatal auto accident can overwhelm you and your family. In the time after the accident, you must manage the aftermath that comes with the loss of a loved one. Also, you must consider taking the steps required to sue anyone responsible for the wrongful death of your loved one.
After a fatal car accident in Milton, reach out to a car accident death attorney. When you do, your attorney can:
- File your lawsuit within Georgia’s statute of limitations of two years
- Collect and review evidence to support your legal claim
- Offer tips and insights to help you prepare for your trial d
Your car accident wrongful death attorney serves as your legal representation for the course of your litigation. If you have any legal questions at any point during your litigation, your lawyer can answer them. Plus, your attorney will guide you through all stages of your litigation and help you make informed decisions along the way.
What a Fatal Car Accident Attorney in Milton, GA Offers
Not all fatal car accident lawyers offer the same level of support. If you choose your attorney carefully, you can find one that delivers comprehensive legal help for the duration of your case. This attorney will:
- Serve as your partner as you navigate the legal process
- Provide regular updates on the status of your litigation
- Make sure you have plenty of evidence to present during your trial
- Help you prepare for questions you may receive during your trial
- Remain accessible to address your legal concerns and questions
As your litigation moves forward, the best Milton fatal car accident lawyer works in lockstep with you. This attorney will allocate substantial time, energy, and resources to find ways to strengthen your case. Meanwhile, the lawyer can help you handle any settlement offers from the defendant prior to your trial date.
When a Defendant May Propose a Settlement in a Milton Fatal Car Accident Case
You can receive a settlement proposal at any time in your Milton fatal car accident litigation. A defendant is likely to propose a settlement if you have an overwhelming amount of evidence against them. In this instance, the defendant may offer a settlement in the hopes you will accept less compensation than what you initially requested.
If you are offered a settlement, you have three options on how to proceed:
- You can accept the settlement, which allows you to get a portion of the damages you requested and close your case.
- You can decline the settlement, which means you and your attorney will continue to work together to build your argument leading up to your trial.
- You can counter the settlement, which gives the defendant a chance to accept an offer that you propose.
If you get a settlement offer, review it with your Milton fatal car accident attorney. This allows you to get legal insights into what can occur with any decision you make regarding the offer. If you ultimately decide against accepting a settlement, your attorney will notify the defendant accordingly.
When Your Milton Fatal Car Accident Case Goes to Trial
It can take months or years before your fatal car accident case goes to trial. A fatal car accident lawyer in Milton will use whatever time is available before your trial to help you prepare for it. This ensures you will know what to expect as soon as your trial gets underway.
In a fatal car accident trial, you and your attorney get the chance to present evidence and witness testimony. The defendant and their attorney will do the same. Next, a judge or jury will review all of the information both sides have provided and present any of the following judgments:
- You will be awarded the full amount of the damages you requested.
- You will be awarded a partial amount of the damages you requested.
- You will not be awarded any damages.
Your fatal car accident attorney in Milton puts you in the best position to secure full damages. Over the course of your trial, your lawyer will attempt to compel the court to rule in your favor. If your lawyer succeeds, it will be clear to the court why you deserve to be awarded full damages.
Meet with a Milton Fatal Car Accident Attorney
Our team has many years of experience with fatal auto accident cases. A Milton fatal car accident attorney can review your case and help you with your litigation. To find out more or request a free consultation, please contact us today.