When it comes to a motorcycle collision, the results can be devastating. These accidents can not only leave victims struggling with debilitating injuries that can prevent them from working and taking care of their families, but they can also lead to astronomical medical expenses that can forever financially impact a person’s ability to live the life they had planned for themselves and their loved ones.
However, if these motorcycle accidents were due to another person’s wrongful, negligent, or intentional actions, you should not have to deal with these tragic consequences on your own. Instead, you deserve compensation and justice for your sustained harm and losses. Thankfully, with an Atlanta car accident lawyer on your side, you will not have to go after these financial damages by yourself.
Who Can You Hold at Fault for a Decatur Motorcycle Accident?
When it comes to motorcycle accidents, there can be various parties responsible for this horrifying collision, including:
- Negligent third parties such as other motorists, truckers, and even pedestrians
- Mechanics who were responsible for maintaining the bike or its parts
- Dealerships, if these establishments sold a motorcycle knowing the motorcycle had a problem and these problems had caused previous accidents
- Motorcycle manufacturers or motorcycle part manufacturers, when a defective motorcycle causes the crash
- Governmental agencies responsible for road design or street maintenance
However, following a motorcycle collision, determining which parties may have been at fault for the crash can be complicated. For these reasons, you should reach out to a skilled and knowledgeable Decatur motorcycle accident attorney following your accident as soon as possible. These attorneys can promptly review what happened, determine who was responsible for your accident, and help you hold those at fault for the accident accountable for the harm and losses you endured.
Types of Financial Damages You Can Pursue Following a Decatur Motorcycle Accident
If you have been harmed in a Decatur motorcycle accident due to another person’s wrongful actions, you may be entitled to monetary damages. In Georgia, these damages usually include both economic and non-economic damages related to the following losses:
- Medical bills, including past and current expenses related to doctor visits, surgeries, medications, emergency medical services such as ambulance services, assistive medical devices, hospital stay, and other medical treatments
- Future ongoing medical care services
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Property damages, such as repair and replacement costs to the motorcycle
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment and quality of life
- Loss of companionship
Yet, since these damages include both easily verifiable damages and hard to quantify losses, it may be in your best interest to reach out to an experienced motorcycle accident attorney in Decatur as soon as possible following the accident. These lawyers can review what happened and figure out which of these financial damages may apply to your case and help you go after the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Time Limitations Following a Motorcycle Accident in Decatur
Following a motorcycle accident, it is essential to realize that time is of the essence when it comes to filing a legal claim. The statute of limitations is a law that dictates the amount of time you have to file a legal case following an alleged offense. If you do not file your claim within that period, you can be barred from going after the compensation you need for the injuries and losses you endured.
In Georgia, the statute of limitations to file an injury claim following a Decatur motorcycle accident is only two years from the date of the accident. Yet, depending on the circumstances of the accident and the facts of the case, there may be some exceptions that apply to this rule that can impact this filing period. It is best not to wait to reach out to a skilled Decatur motorcycle accident lawyer following the accident.
When you work with these attorneys, they can figure out how much time you have to file your case, ensure your case files are prepared correctly and file all your legal documents with the appropriate court before time expires.
How Can a Decatur Motorcycle Accident Attorney Help You Following a Motorcycle Accident?
If you have been involved in a Decatur motorcycle accident, you and your loved ones are already going through enough. Between the catastrophic injuries and the inability to take care of your family, the last thing you want to worry about is preparing a legal case to secure the compensation you need.
Fortunately, with an experienced Decatur motorcycle accident lawyer on your side, these attorneys can take on this fight on your behalf. Once you retain these legal professionals, they can:
- Review the details of your motorcycle accident, evaluate your case, and determine if you have a viable legal claim.
- Go over your questions and concerns, provide you with the legal support you need, and determine the legal options you can pursue.
- Investigate your accident thoroughly and secure the evidence necessary to prove fault and damages.
- Hire experts to substantiate your case, including accident reconstructionists, financial specialists, and doctors.
- Tackle all the settlement negotiations with the other side, including the insurance company, and fight for a fair amount.
- Head to trial if the insurer or the other side is not willing to provide you a just settlement offer and go after maximum monetary damages.
Contact a Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Decatur Today for a Free Case Evaluation
If you or a family member have been injured in a Decatur motorcycle accident, do not wait to get the legal help you need. Instead, contact us today for a free case evaluation and let our skilled legal team show you how we can help you fight for the justice and compensation you deserve.