The time immediately following a car accident can be incredibly hard for those injured and involved. Some people experience shock, while others suffer severe pain. But, no matter what you feel or what injuries you have sustained in a drunk driving accident, reaching out to a skilled drunk driving accident lawyer in South Fulton could be what you need.
When it comes to drunk driving accidents, there are necessary steps that you must take to ensure your case is successful in court. If you have questions about the claims process or do not understand your rights after an accident, our team can help.
What Damages Can You Seek Compensation for in a Drunk Driving Accident Claim?
In some cases, you might be able to recover the maximum amount of damages. For example, here are some losses you could seek:
- Coverage for medical bills, rehabilitation, and any therapy needed following the accident
- Pain and suffering costs
- Loss of any income
- If applicable, property damages
- Any out of pocket expenses you have paid
- Impaired quality of life
- If applicable, any wrongful death losses
Hiring a South Fulton Drunk Driving Accident Attorney Is Beneficial to the Success of Your Case
If you are a drunk driving accident victim, your life can change very quickly. We understand and see how much the actions of a negligent driver can affect others, and we are here to help.
Within a case, there are various things we can do to help, which include:
- Giving you complete knowledge of your rights, educating you on the laws that revolve around your case, and representing you against all other parties
- Having the necessary resources to uncover and gather evidence that supports your case
- Accessing expert opinions that can add fuel to your claim
In any case, we are here to help you from the first moment you reach out to us. All you need to do is focus on your wellbeing, and we will do the rest.
Your lawyer will be able to carry out the needed tasks to file a claim and find fault for the accident. The bottom line is that we will ensure we have the information required to prove fault and successfully get you compensation.
For example, we can:
- Obtain copies of the original police report
- Take photos and evidence from the scene of the accident
- Access and determine official losses for all medical records
- Collect camera footage from the accident
- Look at all vehicle damage that your vehicle endured and specify the needed cost to pay for damages
- Speak with your insurance company and come to a perfect settlement amount
What Is the Cost of a South Fulton Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer?
As a victim of a drunk driving accident, the thought of hiring a lawyer will only be more stressful because of the potential added costs. However, this isn’t true.
Don’t fear hiring a South Fulton drunk driving lawyer because of the cost. You will not have to pay out of pocket for your representation. Our lawyers will only get paid if your case is successful. Meaning, that once you gain your compensation, you will then be able to pay for lawyer services.
On the off chance that you don’t win your case, we won’t ask for payment.
How Long Do You Have to File a Drunk Driving Accident Lawsuit in South Fulton?
The answer to this question depends entirely on the state you are in. According to Georgia Code Title 9, you have two years to file a car accident lawsuit. Yes, this is a lot of time to take action, which is why it’s essential to speak to a drunk driving accident lawyer in South Fulton as soon as possible.
If you wait the full two years to file your lawsuit, the courts may start to believe that your case isn’t as serious as it presents. In some instances, the courts may dismiss your case, or the other party may avoid paying for losses because of the lack of need. Additionally, the options might be limited when seeking representation because of the slim chance of winning.
Who Could Be Held Liable for a Drunk Driving Accident?
Proving negligence is a vital part of a successful drunk drinking accident claim. Your drunk driving accident lawyer in South Futon must gather the necessary proof to pin fault on the guilty party.
In a case, negligence can be determined or shared. The negligent parties could be any of the following:
- The impaired driver who caused the accident
- Anyone who might have sold the driver alcohol or supplied drugs
- If the drunk driver is underage, not only will they get a DUI, but their parents could be held responsible
- The driver’s employer if a company vehicle was being operated at the time of the crash
- A government agency or department, if improperly maintained roads, played a part in the accident
No matter the person or entity at fault, an experienced drunk driving lawyer will be able to prove responsibility and get you the required compensation.
Reach Out to Us Today to Begin Your Claim
Being injured in a drunk driving accident should never happen. However, if you were hurt in a car accident, have questions, or want assistance with your claim, we are the legal team to reach out to in South Fulton.
We know how to compile evidence for each case we receive, have experience negotiating with insurance companies, and require no payment until you have compensation first. For a free consultation, contact us today.