No matter how safe of a rider you are, motorcycle accidents could occur at any time. No matter who is at fault for a motorcycle accident, injuries sustained in this type of crash can have severe, life-changing consequences and a high financial impact.
We understand that accidents can be stressful, and we want to support you. If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, reaching out to our Lithonia motorcycle accident lawyers will be the best bet for ensuring you receive fair compensation.
What You Should Do Following a Motorcycle Accident
If you are involved in a motorcycle accident, there are a few steps that you can follow immediately after the accident.
- Make sure help is on the way: It’s best to call for help if needed after getting into an accident. You should contact the police immediately, and my medical staff should look at you and the other involved party.
- Gather information from the scene: It’s essential to gather all the information about the accident. Getting names, phone numbers, and insurance information for all parties involved is vital for moving forward with legal action. Additionally, finding and speaking with witnesses of the accident will be beneficial as well.
- Call our experienced Lithonia motorcycle accident attorneys: Hiring a lawyer for a motorcycle accident has many benefits, including educating you on your rights, accident investigation, speaking with insurance companies, having support throughout the legal process, and filing a claim.
With the help of a lawyer, you will be able to carry out a claim and receive compensation for all damages that occurred due to the accident.
The Types of Compensation You Could Recieve Following a Motorcycle Accident
Following a motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to receive the following compensation:
- Medical expenses: In most cases, you can receive compensation for emergency room visits, any hospital care, doctor’s appointments, surgeries, and sometimes, for ongoing therapy for directly related injuries.
- Property damage: In a motorcycle accident, your vehicle might be damaged. When this occurs, you might be able to claim damages.
- Pain and suffering: In some states, motorcyclists might not be eligible for PIP insurance, meaning they will need to file a lawsuit to claim this type of compensation. If this is the case, courts will consider the nature of the accident, the seriousness of the injuries, and the duration or extent of the pain.
- Lost wages: Lost wages are defined as the compensation lost for the period of time that they were away from work while recovering. Some accident victims can get the money they should’ve earned if the accident didn’t occur.
How Much Is My Motorcycle Case Worth?
Our Lithonia motorcycle accident lawyers will file your case and seek compensation based on a few factors:
- The proof of fault
- The extent of all injuries sustained
- Amount of damages incurred
- The amount that your insurance policy will allow
All these factors listed above will play a key role in how much compensation your lawyer will seek for you. In the early stages of your case, we can estimate the amount you are entitled to, but the final number will vary.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Similar to car accidents, there are countless causes of motorcycle accidents. Below, we will go over the most common causes of motorcycle accidents.
These types of accidents are increasingly common all around the country. Distracted driving accidents can occur due to many different factors. Any action that requires you to take your attention and eyesight off the road is considered distracted driving.
Texting, eating, doing hair or makeup, reaching from something that dropped, or checking notifications are all considered distracted driving. In Georgia, taking a phone call is now regarded as illegal. This means that you might face more charges if involved in a motorcycle accident due to distracted driving.
This is an obvious cause of motorcycle accidents and any other type of roadside accident. Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol is not only dangerous to all drivers on the road but also illegal.
Driving over the speed limit causes a majority of motorcycle accidents in Georgia. Driving at high speeds while in traffic or around curves is very dangerous and can result in serious injuries.
Some roads might have construction on them, uneven lanes, potholes, or debris from around the area. Accidents from road hazards can be caused easily. And when they occur, they are most dangerous for those on motorcycles.
Why You Should Work With our Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Lithonia
When it comes to an accident and sustaining injuries, filing a claim could be your least worries. That is where we come in. Within each case, in order to start a successful case, we must find evidence for fault, the full extent of damages caused, and the value of damages.
Some steps must be taken when carrying out a legal claim to do so. This is what our motorcycle accident attorneys in Lithonia will do:
- Gathering case facts: We will first need to obtain all necessary information from the accident scene. This includes collecting the official police report, speaking with eyewitnesses, getting testimonies, and looking at pictures of footage of the accident.
- Proving fault: As previously stated, evidence to claim responsibility on the other party must be needed. If they failed to yield for your right of way or run red lights, all proof showing this must be gathered and presented.
- Speaking with insurance companies: By talking with insurance companies on your behalf and filing the claim, it will be done in a timely manner. Insurance companies devalue accidents and will always try to settle for the minimum amount of compensation. But with our help, we do all we can to get you back the most amount of money.
- File your claim on time: Under Ga. Code § 9-3-33, you have two years to file your claim. Your lawyer will ensure you meet legal deadlines and preserve your right to compensation.
- Settling your claim: If we agree with the compensation amount that the insurance companies offer, your claim will be settled. From here, you will receive your compensation.
Reach Out to Our Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Lithonia
Being involved in an accident is stressful and scary, let alone being involved and injured in a motorcycle accident. We understand your situation and only wish to help you and your well-being. If you were involved in a severe accident, reaching out to our motorcycle accident lawyers for assistance can benefit your case.
Our LIthonia motorcycle accident attorneys have years of professional experience and can assist you in getting the justice you deserve. Contact us today for a free case evaluation.