If you have been involved in an accident in South Fulton where the other driver failed to yield, you may be eligible to seek compensation for your injuries and damages. It’s important to work with an experienced failure-to-yield accident lawyer in South Fulton who can help you navigate the legal process and get the best possible outcome for your case.
A South Fulton failure-to-yield accident lawyer can help you navigate the legal process and ensure you receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries and damages.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, there are more than seven million car crashes annually in the United States. A failure-to-yield accident occurs when one driver fails to yield the right-of-way to another with the legal right to proceed. This can happen in many different scenarios, such as:
- Running a stop sign or red light
- Failing to yield to oncoming traffic when making a left turn
- Failing to yield to a pedestrian in a crosswalk
- Failing to yield to a bicyclist or motorcyclist
- Failing to yield to a merging vehicle on a highway
In each scenario, the driver who fails to yield can be liable for any resulting injuries or damages.
Why You Need a South Fulton Failure-to-Yield Accident Lawyer
If you have been injured in a failure-to-yield accident, it’s important to work with a skilled failure-to-yield accident attorney in South Fultonwho understands the nuances of this type of case. Below are a few reasons why.
Liability Can Be Complicated
Proving liability in a failure-to-yield accident can be challenging. An experienced failure-to-yield accident lawyer in South Fulton can help gather evidence and build a strong case to prove liability.
Insurance Companies May Try to Offer You a Low Settlement
After a failure-to-yield accident, the at-fault driver’s insurance company may try to offer you a low settlement to resolve the case quickly. However, this settlement may not fully cover your damages and may prevent you from pursuing further compensation. A skilled South Fulton failure-to-yield accident lawyer can help negotiate with the insurance company for a fair settlement.
What to Do After a Failure-to-Yield Accident in South Fulton
If you have been involved in a failure-to-yield accident in South Fulton, there are a few steps you should take to protect your rights and maximize your chances of recovering compensation:
- Seek medical attention: Your health and safety should always be your top priority after an accident. Even if you don’t feel injured immediately, seeking medical attention is important.
- Gather evidence: If you can, gather as much evidence as possible at the accident scene. This may include taking photos of the damage to your vehicle and the other driver’s vehicle, getting contact information from any witnesses, and noting any traffic signals or signs involved in the accident.
- Contact a South Fulton failure-to-yield accident lawyer: As soon as possible after the accident, contact an experienced South Fulton failure-to-yield accident lawyer to discuss your case. Your lawyer can help you understand your rights and guide you through the legal process.
- Don’t talk to the insurance company without your lawyer: The at-fault driver’s insurance company may try to contact you soon after the accident, but it’s important not to speak to them without your lawyer present. Insurance adjusters are trained to minimize the amount of compensation they pay out, and anything you say to them could be used against you later.
- Follow your doctor’s orders: If you have been injured in an accident, it’s important to follow your doctor’s orders and attend all follow-up appointments. This not only ensures that you receive the necessary medical treatment, but it also helps document your injuries for your case.
- Keep records of all expenses related to the accident: Keep records of all expenses. Your South Fulton failure-to-yield accident lawyer can use these records to help build a strong compensation case.
Failure-to-Yield Accident Economic vs. Non-Economic Damages
Damages are monetary compensation awarded to the injured party to compensate for their losses resulting from the accident or incident. Damages can be divided into two broad categories: economic and non-economic.
Economic damages can be easily quantified and have a specific dollar amount attached. These damages are typically tangible losses that the injured party has incurred or will incur in the future.
Common economic damages include medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, and future lost income. Medical expenses refer to the costs related to medical treatment, hospitalization, rehabilitation, and prescription drugs. Lost wages compensation is awarded if the injured party cannot work due to their injuries.
Property damage is related to the cost of repairing or replacing property that has been damaged in the accident. Future lost income refers to compensation for lost future income if the injured party cannot work or is limited in their ability to work.
Non-economic damages, on the other hand, are more subjective and may not have a specific dollar amount attached to them. These damages compensate the injured party for intangible and not easily quantifiable losses.
Some common non-economic damages include pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, loss of consortium, and punitive damages. Pain and suffering compensation is awarded for physical pain and emotional distress resulting from the accident. Loss of enjoyment of life refers to compensation for not being able to participate in activities that were once enjoyed.
Loss of consortium is awarded if the injury affects the relationship between the injured party and their spouse. Punitive damages may be awarded to punish the at-fault party for their actions and deter others from similar behavior.
Contact a South Fulton Failure-to-Yield Accident Attorney Today
A South Fulton failure-to-yield accident lawyer can provide expert legal guidance and support. Our experienced team can help you understand your rights and pursue the best possible outcome for your case. Contact us today so we can help.