Every biker knows that a single motorcycle accident can be severe, and just about all of us know someone who has been injured or worse. In Johns Creek, motorcycle accidents routinely lead to hospitalization, extensive medical bills, and fights with the insurance company. In many cases they are even fatal. If you or your family member were hurt in a motorcycle accident, you don’t have to go through this time alone. A Johns Creek motorcycle accident lawyer can help.
Our lawyers have over twenty years of experience handling motorcycle cases in the Johns Creek area. We bring a compassion and expertise that few legal teams can match, putting the needs of bikers first—and working only for those injured, never the insurance companies. Let us give you a free consultation. Dill out the form to the right or call us at (404) 341-6555 to get your free consultation today.
Who is at fault in a motorcycle accident?
If you’re a biker who is in an accident, it’s easy to find yourself on the receiving end of the blame. However, many motorcycle accidents are not the motorcycle driver’s fault—in fact, the majority of the cases we see involve a driver of another vehicle who was not paying attention or was otherwise negligent. Examples include:
- A car cuts off a motorcyclist while turning left
- The car driver attempts to change lanes and hits a motorcyclist
- The car driver does not give the motorcycle enough space or “tailgates”
- Car driver veers out of lane unexpectedly
- Distracted and/or drunken driving
Not all motorcycle accidents involve these factors, but many do. We’ve also seen accidents where the motorcycle rider traveled between lanes and got hit by a car; where rough pavement or a hazard in the road was the cause; or where it’s not clear who is at fault. Even in these cases, you may still have a right to recover money—possibly more than you think.
What are the benefits of hiring a motorcycle attorney?
Motorcycle accidents are often much more legally complex than regular car accidents. They also tend to involve strong stereotypes against bikers, even if you were driving safely and obeying all laws. The fact is, motorcyclists face an uphill battle when dealing with insurance companies—and a good lawyer can make a crucial difference.
Here are some of the ways a motorcycle accident attorney can make a difference in your claim:
- Negotiating with the insurance company: When you hire a lawyer, you don’t have to worry about negotiating with the insurance company—and you do not have to talk to them directly. Your lawyer will handle them on your behalf, sparing you from stressful phone calls, unfair demands and the risk of saying something that will hurt your own claim.
- Properly value your claim: It can be difficult to know how much your pain and suffering is worth. A good lawyer will assess every detail of your case, examine all of your injuries, consult with medical professionals, and put a number on your claim that is fair and reasonable. In many cases, they can bargain for an amount that is much more than the insurer was originally offering—and potentially make sure that you have money left over after the medical costs are paid.
- Prove fault: You should not be saddled with the burden of proving that a negligent driver was at fault for your accident. A good lawyer can work to get you the money you deserve and prove who was truly at fault in the accident.
What injuries are covered by a motorcycle accident claim in Johns Creek?
If you’re a victim of a motorcycle accident, your injuries could range from mild to severe. It all depends on what caused your accident, the speeds involved, and what protective gear you were wearing. But in all cases, if the accident is not your fault, you should be entitled to recover 100% of your medical costs—for all injuries.
In fact, your claim should pay you money for:
- All of your medical costs (including tests, medication, doctor visits and long-term care)
- Missed work time related to the accident or your injuries
- The cost of damages to your motorcycle and other property
- Additional money for pain and suffering, or other losses you suffered (such as a permanent injury)
Families also have a right to recover money on behalf of a loved one lost in a motorcycle accident. This is one of the hardest situations a family can go through. Let us help you, as we’ve helped so many other families over the years during the same tragic circumstances.
An insurance company has offered me a settlement. Should I accept?
As a victim of a motorcycle accident, it’s understandable to want to move on from the incident as quickly as possible. And there’s often extreme financial pressure to take the first insurance settlement offered—especially when the medical bills start to roll in. But this may not be in your best interest.
In many cases, the first amount an insurer offers you will be far less than what you actually deserve. The insurance company’s main priority is their financial interest, not your recovery. They know that you’re in a vulnerable state and they hope that you’ll be tempted to accept the low offer—especially if you don’t yet realize the extent of your injuries, or haven’t yet seen if the initial treatment will truly be all you need to recover. Our advice is that you do not accept this offer without consulting with a lawyer. There are cases where a lawyer will recommend you take the money—but it’s very hard to know for sure if it’s a fair amount without getting a professional legal opinion. In many cases, a single free consultation could help you avoid being underpaid by tens of thousands of dollars or more.
Talk to a Johns Creek Motorcycle Accident Lawyer for Free
The physical and emotional aftermath of a motorcycle injury is hard enough. You shouldn’t have to deal with unpaid medical bills, battles with insurance companies, and other stress as well. Our lawyers can help you. We charge you NOTHING if you don’t get money—and we offer a FREE consultation. Fill out the form to the right or call us at (404) 341-6555 for your free consultation today.